BC Home Renovation Rebate Guide
Finally all assembled in one place, your guide to the 2019/2020 (on most) BC Home Renovation Rebate Program.
This document summarizes rebates and offers from Fortis BC and BC Hydro for all sorts of home reno and improvement upgrades. If you plan on making any changes or additions to your home, check this list first.
The types of things that are covered include:
- Clothes washer and dryer rebates
- Door and window upgrades
- Draftproofing and water efficient products
- Free home energy evaluation and upgrades to qualifying residents
- Free energy kits
- Heat pump loan
- Heat pump rebate
- Heat pump service rebate
- Heat pump water heater rebate
- Home reno bonus rebates
- Insulation rebates
- Natural gas boiler and combination heating and hot water system rebates
- Natural gas combination heating and hot water system rebates
- Natural gas fireplace rebate
- Natural gas furnace rebates
- Natural gas heating system rebates
- Natural gas wall furnace rebate
- Natural gas water heater rebate
- New home construciton
- Refrigerator rebate
Visit the Fortis BC website for detailed info and rebate application forms
- Air source heat pump rebates
- Electric heat pump water heater
- Various types of insulation
- Windows & doors
- Bonus rebates if at least two eligible upgrades are completed within 18 months of each other
- $20 per percentage reduction in homes' EnerGuide rating
Visit the BC Hydro website for detailed info and rebate application forms
In addition to the above, rebates for certain improvements might be available from your region. These could be as simple as adding an high-efficiency toilet, changing from oil heating to a heat pump, to a heritage home grant. It's worth checking to see what's available as new incentives are added each year, some of which are time sensitive.
Considering a Move?
Perhaps you're considering a move, but you're unsure as to how much work to put into your existing home to get it ready to sell. We can help with that. Free of charge, Denise will advise on your home valuation based on the current market in your area. She'll also advise as to the types of improvements that might help boost the price or get your home sold quicker. Don't hesitate to contact Denise at 250.248.9996 or email today.